High-quality processing is the key to turning gravity and magnetic data into useful information for geologic decisions. EDCON geophysicists have innovated many of this industry’s vital processing steps and thus are both exceptionally experienced and ideally qualified to help solve exploration and production problems. To meet customer needs, EDCON processes data acquired both by its own crews and by others.
EDCON has developed portable processing facilities for work to be completed at remote sites or in clients’ offices. This flexibility provides more responsive services while satisfying restrictions on data movement and confidentiality.
- Interactive processing for speed and accuracy in data entry, review, reduction and display
- Unique processing algorithms and capabilities to handle the high-resolution data from Marine Gravity, Airborne Gravity and Aeromagnetic data acquisition systems, including:
- Proprietary de-correlation algorithms that optimize the application of correction signals
- Proprietary VNAtm micro-leveling and equivalent-source line adjustment
- Supervision by experienced geophysicists to ensure the highest possible quality
- Software engineers on staff to handle unusual formats or special processing requirements
- Client involvement during processing to assure that all needs are fully met in a timely manner
- Reprocessing of older data sets
- Integration of land, airborne and marine data into uniformly processed databases: Satellite gravity and EGM08 are used to establish a regional datum and anomaly control.